3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Thursday, January 19, 2012

HOW NICE IT IS TO HAVE A STOCKPILE WHEN IT SNOWS AND BAKING YOUR OWN BREAD ON SNOW DAYS!

Well it finally looks like we may be getting a little more than a dusting of snow this weekend. We really have not seen much of any since Storm Irene in the beginning of November.


When the weatherman starts to talk about snow, I laugh when I see the people running around trying to stock up on food. This is one of the times I am very proud to know that I have created a stockpile. I used to have a much larger one than I do now, but after losing my whole refrigerator and freezer twice within a few months of each other I have been a little timid about filling the freezer again. So, I have been watching the sales and stocking up on the best sales each week.


I always told my children , Mommy, her brother and 2 sisters, one being http://www.dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com/ that as long as you have bread , eggs and milk you can make quite a few meals from these 3 items.


You can make eggs and toast, omelettes and toast, egg salad sandwiches and french toast to name a few. I also love to bake on days when it snows. I love to take out my bread machine and bake a loaf of bread while I cook something in the CROCK POT ! I remember when I was a child I used to watch my Italian Grandmother make Italian bread from scratch, that I think I can still smell how wonderful it smelled! It was so good that we couldn't wait for it to cool, even a little and with each bite we were in bread heaven. When Mommy and her brother and sisters were young I made it a few times myself, and it was good , but it will never be as good as hers! I guess it is something my mother and I should try to teach them, and Sissy too, how really fun, healthy and delicious it is. I will post the recipe as soon as I find itNana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1